Your child has opted to be a part of the Forensics Team! Congratulations! There are a few details you need to know.
1. Practice: Before attending a meet, your child must attend three practice sessions. Practice times are available during team work nights for the first two weeks of the season and then by appointment during designated practice hours for the remainder of the season.
2. Our home forensics meet will be on Saturday, February 17, 2021! We are needing parents who are willing to learn to judge events, and we also need parents to help with the concession stand and the hospitality room. Judging is simple, but if such a thing intimidates you, don't worry because opportunities for training will be available! Email Coach Parker if you would be willing to help: email@example.com.
3. If your child is also involved in other spring activities, such as Basketball, Powerlifting, Softball, Track, etc., he or she might need a little help figuring out which Forensics meets to attend.
Note: A student cannot attend any more than eight per season, and a student doesn't have to attend any more than three meets to letter in Forensics.* Also, the coach makes no requirements about how many meets to attend.
4. If a student signs up for a meet and decides not to go after the cancel deadline (a week before the meet) he or she will owe the school his or her entry fees (Anywhere from $5 to $10)
* see Handbook for the lettering policy